It has always been my practice to write my to-do list at the beginning of every year. For a quick review, this is my to-do list for 2010:
- Work on breaking my paper down to chunks and submit for publication or presentation – NO PROGRESS!
- Involve myself in research project/s – NO PROGRESS!
- Possibly enroll in another Master’s program or well, PHD program – SUCCESS! I’m currently enrolled in a PHD program in UP
- Travel more (and possibly with my mom) – SUCCESS! One local and 2 international travels! Winner!
- Spend less – EPIC FAIL!
- Save more – DOUBLE EPIC FAIL!
- Get in shape and shed off pounds gained during the holidays– I have to attend to two weddings (as of my last count) – PARTIAL SUCCESS! I did manage to shed off some pounds for my sister’s wedding but gained weight at the end of the year. By the way, I attended 3 out of 5 weddings this 2010.
- Read at least one book or two books per month – PARTIAL SUCCESS! I managed to read only 11 books this year; I lacked one book to complete the one book per month requirement. *sigh*
- Be active in community service again. – SUCCESS! Nothing beats being active in the parish and community!
- Work on my 4 secret tasks – SUCCESS! I managed to accomplish these 4 secret tasks although these yielded different results – pleasant and unpleasant. No matter, the important thing is I have finished all the tasks.
For 2011, here is my to-do list:
- Travel. – One local and one international. For the local trip, I would like to go somewhere I have never traveled before, like Sagada, Mt. Pulag or Batanes? I would certainly like to go back to the US but if it does not materialize, I would settle for one Asian destination.
- Get in shape. Stay Healthy. – I will watch what I eat and exercise (Good luck to me!). I have managed to lose weight the last time because I went on a diet. I will continue with such program but this time, with walking. This also means that I have to be an obedient patient when it comes to doctor’s appointments and such.
- Work on breaking my paper down to chunks and submit for publication or presentation. – I really, really have to do this, this year. Otherwise, I’m dead!
- Be involved in a research project. – I really, really have to this one too or else, I’m dead!
- Work on publishable articles. – This I really need to do as well.
- Read at least one book per month. – I will just stick to the one book per month rule. I would be happy if this 2011; I’d be able to read 12 books.
- Seriously start with my saving programs. – I’m not getting any younger and I have to think of the future. I really have to start with these (I’m thinking of three); but I still have to study and choose the best programs.
- Work! Work! Work! – Meaning Raket! Raket! Raket! However, this is questionable as I don’t know if I’ll have the energy to do this. Provided that I won’t get sick as well!
- Study! Study! Study! – I really have to study well for my PHD subjects. This is going to be one helluva journey. I wince every time I ponder on how long this is going to take me to finish and how hard this is going to be.
- Settle/decide on a definite workplace. I have to decide by the end of 2011 where I am to go. That’s too far anyways, 2011 is just about to start. A lot of things can happen, right?
So, how about you? Do you have a to-do list for 2011? Care to share?